Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wearing my crankypants

No, the reason I didn't post yesterday was not because I was busy having a baby.  I'm only three days late now but I'm so cranky and angry about it that I'm not sure how much longer I can go.  I've had pelvic joint pain through about the last half of the pregnancy, but these last few days it seems to be getting exponentially worse.  It feels like someone hit me in the crotch with a baseball bat, and nothing seems to be helping - rest makes it hurt more in the short-term, activity makes it hurt more in the long-term.  My head is getting stuffy too.  I'm not sure whether it's allergies or I'm getting sick, but the net result is that I'm just a worthless, crabby lump.  I know I'm only three days late and people go much later, and I feel like I should be handling this with grace and be thankful that my baby is still contentedly cooking and healthy inside me, but mostly I can't help but be irrationally angry - at me, at R, at my baby, and at everyone who has ever had a baby early or exactly on time.  I still don't like the idea of getting induced but now I'm so thankful I have that appointment on Tuesday.

Robert, on the other hand, has been a rock star dealing with me, and I'm so lucky to have him listening patiently to me, singing our "Get out Baby" song to my belly, and picking up the slack around the house.

And, because this makes my heart happy, here's some pics of R and Scrappy playing in the backyard yesterday:

Running around
Scratch the tummy break
"Oh but I'm tired now!"
"Yes scratch my tum some more!"
"I'm intrigued."
"But I'd rather just lay here with it."

Aww isn't my little family cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment