Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Due Date

So today is my due date.  I wasn't actually expecting to have her today, so I'm not really disappointed, mentally.  Physically is another story - I feel like I've hit a wall.  She's big, she's active, and I am heavy, huge, and awkward.  I won't bitch because I know everyone feels like this at this point, but I am just done.


Anyways, here is the new study/guest room.  This used to be my study, but once I was done with law school, I really didn't need a whole room for my computer and stuff.





Before.  I wish I had some photos of the study with all the furniture in it but I didn't have that much foresight.  Instead I have photos of an empty room with a bajillion different paint colors on the walls.  I must have bought a dozen different tester pints before I finally settled on the paint colors.  So frustrating but worth it because I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I'm not a huge fan of daybeds but it was really a good solution for us.  There's a pop-up trundle underneath, and I got nice mattresses and mattress pads, so hopefully visitors will be comfortable.  We just didn't have room for anything more.  The closet is to the right (I'm a big fan of the curtains-for-closet-doors-thing).  The lamp is very college dorm room, but at this point we're reluctant to spend any more money on things that aren't necessities.  Someday I'd like to put a spine-style bookshelf back there, with a brushed nickel arc lamp to shed light over the bed.  I'm also in love with the blinds.  We never had anything in here, and I went ahead and ordered custom wooden blinds for the window.  I'm SO happy I did.  I'm going to put the same thing in our bedroom once our bank account recovers.

I bought these paintings from a street painter in Florence, when I spent a summer in Siena.  In my junior year of college.  And I just now got them framed.  It felt really good to put them up on the wall.  I love the paintings themselves, I just didn't have anywhere to put them until now.  I think "frame Italy paintings" has been on my to-do list for the past eight years.  That's got to be a record.

My "study" corner.  Mostly full of electronics.

Same thing, I just really like the overhead fan/light so I wanted to include a pic of that too.
Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I wish I had more storage space, because a lot of stuff that used to be in this room is now living in the basement, but I've got the essentials and I think our guests will still have plenty of room.

And now it's time for me to head to bed and pray my water breaks in the middle of the night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment