Saturday, October 9, 2010

Getting the ball rolling...

So awhile ago, I got this blog set up, and now I'm finally going to post something of substance!  I'm not sure what this blog is going to turn in to, and I'm not sure how faithful I'm going to be about updating it regularly.  But, I could use a place to muse, vent, rant, write a little, and share photos about what's going on in my life.  :)

So, here's the obligatory, First-Real-Blog-Post, Reader's Digest version of that:

I was a lawyer, doing patent and trademark law in a big law firm.  I quit that to "do science" at a genetic sequencing center at pretty much the exact same time I got pregnant for the first time.  Now, I've retired from the working world to stay home, prepare for and grow a baby, and we're anxiously awaiting her arrival any time in the next two weeks or so.  I've been married to my best friend and the most phenomenal partner for a little over five years now.  We have a house in the suburbs, and an awesome dog named Scrappy.  Life is good.  :)

The blog title comes from one of my favorite quotes, and it pretty much sums up the way I'm trying to live my life now.  As much as I want to save all the puppies in puppymills, all the starving children of the world, the environment, and the economy, all this weekend, I've driven myself nuts in the past trying to take on the world.  I've been forced to search out some semblance of balance in my life.  Which, for me, means taking care of my world and trying to improve everyone else's just a little at a time.  Light one candle in the dark, one at a time. 

And maybe keep up with this blog, one post at a time.  Stay tuned...

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment