Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend roundup

Well we've had a busy weekend and I just never got around to updating!  Lia seems to be starting to fall into a morning nap schedule.  She's starting to take a semi-regular nap after being awake for about an hour in the morning, and then she takes another short nap right around lunchtime.  The afternoons are a free-for-all, but I did some reading and research and it looks like babies don't have any afternoon nap organization until four to eight months, so I'm looking for it way too early.  It's so strange - she will sleep just fine in her crib at nighttime, but needs motion for naps during the day.  Right now, I figure naps in the swing are better than no naps at all, so that swing is turning out to be a lifesaver.

This weekend was full of adult time, and it was great.  I had book club, which I love (we read The Imperfectionists - and I'll post a review once I actually read it too).  We're reading Middlesex next, which I read a few years ago, and gave away my copy of the book a few months ago - whoops.  (See - I really should save everything - says the packrat in me.)  And then R's mom took Lia for the night on Saturday night!  R and I had a lovely date night, and we even made it out to a party.  I was really anxious at first, leaving my baby with her grandparents so I could go out and party, but I eventually relaxed.  She'll be staying with them for four days later this month when we're out of town so it was a good trial run, and I know I'll be calmer getting on a plane if it's not the first time I've left my baby with them.

In baby development news - she is definitely starting to learn about her hands!  I think she's been starting to bat at things but I couldn't really tell if it was deliberate or just coincidence.  But she was in her rocker today while we ate dinner, and probably a half dozen times, she deliberately stuck her fist in her mouth to suck on it.  I was thrilled and fascinated.  Robert didn't seem to think it was that great.  But I'm so proud of her!

But, crazy things that we are, we didn't get to bed last night until 1:00, so we're both exhausted.  The baby's in bed and quiet so I'm going to get myself to do the same thing.

Studying that mobile!

1 comment:

  1. So sad that I didn't make it out to the party to see you guys! I hope you had a lovely date night out!

    ReplyDelete