Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Not much to report today.  Lia and I braved all three inches of snow today and went to Home Depot and the mall.  She just loves looking around at new things.  She gets bored of her toys pretty quickly, but when I take her outside the house, she is just the happiest camper.  Except when I change her diaper and stick her on boring old changing tables in public bathrooms.  It's funny and frustrating - she'll be happy and quiet in the store, then we walk into a bathroom and I put her on the changing table and she starts screaming bloody murder.  She's really taken to letting us know when she was enjoying an activity and didn't want it to end.  Which again, is cute but frustrating.  She's also entered the phase where the world is more interesting than eating, so she gets cranky because she's hungry but she doesn't want to settle down long enough to actually eat.  I tried to feed her today when we were out, and she spent ten minutes waving her arm into my nursing cover to watch the fabric move instead of actually eating.  Then I give up trying to feed her and she starts screaming bloody murder again.  At least that'll show any old guys who pick the one chair uncomfortably close to the nursing mother in Starbucks instead of at any of the other twelve available tables.

The highlight of the day, though, was that R came home a bit early from work and watched the baby while I went to the gym and got a massage.  This is totally uncharacteristic of me, since massages trump everything, and the massage was good and all, but the gym was awesome.  It's been for.ev.er. since I've worked out, and even though I was mostly just scoping it out, I got a decent workout in and it was phenomenal.  Definitely going to have to make it more of a priority in the future.  It helps that I still walk the dog almost every day, so I was able to jog a mile pretty easily.  It's not much, but it makes me feel like I'm not totally starting from scratch.

And poor Robert had a terrible time with the baby while I was gone.  He said she screamed inconsolably for awhile (which she never does), barely ate (is she starting to reject a bottle?  I'm afraid she might be), and then poo'ed in the bathtub right at the end of her bath.  Fortunately I came home in time to help with the tail end of the poopy bathtub and I could nurse her into calmness, but she was pretty worked up and it took longer than usual to put her to bed.  Poor baby.  Poor Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment