Monday, January 3, 2011

Last day in Texas

Today was our last day in Texas - Lia and I go back to StL tomorrow.  We had a really nice visit, although I'm ready to get back to R (and Scraps) and get back into our routine of home.  Just in the time that we've been here, Lia's changed so much.  R and I discussed her bedtime routine on the drive down, and at that time we were pretty sure she had no idea what was going on at bedtime (and I think R was pretty sure I was being a bit anal-retentive trying to come up with a routine this early).  And now I think she's totally aware of what's going on during bedtime.  I think she's finally recognizing me, which is cool.  She's a lot more interactive and her attention span is getting better every day.  She'll lay down on her back and be amused by us for 45 minutes at a time.  She's also discovered the tv, which is hilarious.  She started splashing around in her bath last night; I know babies are notorious for loving baths but until just recently, she seemed to not really care about them either way.  Now she looks amused and befuddled by all the water.  She seems to be slowly figuring out her hands, and I think she even recognized her pacifier today before I put it in her mouth. 

So, tomorrow, it's a (thankfully brief) airplane ride by myself with a baby.  Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a few seats to ourselves (flying SW, and who wants to sit next to the woman with the baby?  right?) and that she's entertained by the plane rather than overwhelmed by it.

(Hi Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment