Sunday, January 2, 2011

Keeping up my NY resolution to write every day... but I can't think of anything to write about!  I compose little posts in my head while I'm in the shower, nursing the baby, etc., and then I find 5 minutes to sit down in front of the computer and my eyes keep wandering over to my Zappos tab while "New Post" sits idly open in another window.

We didn't do much today.  We went to church (Lia was great, which gives me great hope for our upcoming flight, which I'm slightly terrified about), hung out at home, and visited with neighbors.  Lia's daily routine is starting to get a little more predictable, and when we get home, I think it's time to start to get her on a schedule.  She needs more daytime naps than she's getting right now, which is just a function of being in a strange environment in a house that's noisier and has more going on during the day than we're used to.  And, admittedly, probably a function of my reluctance to put her down in her crib for a nap.  I am just having a devil of a time letting this child sleep in her crib!  Today she took two one-hour naps in her crib here, and I have to admit, it was kind of nice to be able to take a shower and do the dishes and read the paper a little while she was sleeping.  A lot more convenient than having her nap in my arms or in her sling.  *sigh*  I'm proving my mother right again.

Alright, that's my requisite writing for the day.  I've got an adorable photo of Lia in the stroller to post when I get home.  :)

(Hi Dad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment