Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Paddy's Day sort of

Well, I saw the cute St Patrick's Day t-shirts at the store, and thought, "Oh that's stupid, to buy a $12 shirt just for one day," and passed them by. Of course this morning I looked at every single item of Julia's clothing, wishing I just had something adorable and Irish-y to put on her. Fortunately, my grandmother had made sure she had green socks, so at least we had something.

See the green socks? Don't exactly go with the outfit but you gotta do what you gotta do.

We're still struggling with naps, night sleep, and eating during the day but I'm still trying to just ride it out. Like now, she'll only eat if she's laying down - whether she's nursing or taking a bottle. I don't know what the deal is but she seems to have an inordinate amount of quirks like that right now. I have to do a lot of managing for her, but I guess that's the definition of being a mom. She currently loves her Jumparoo, rolled over onto her stomach from her left side today, and I think she's enjoying the warmer weather.

Look at that springtime outfit! And that springtime giraffe!

We're also continuing the spoon-feeding. She's still just getting breastmilk, but we're having increasing success at getting it in her mouth and not on her bib. I'm trying to get all of us used to actual dinner at the dinner table so she'll start to get interested in solid foods at some point. Plus, dinner at the dinner table seems like it's just a good, wholesome thing, right? Right now though, Robert eats and watches me try to feed Julia. We still have a little ways to go.

"Yeah well this is how I do it!"

But how can you argue with that face?
Especially when she's working this hard?!
But hey, if baby's happy, we're all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment