Thursday, November 4, 2010

Keeping up with life?

It's been a few days since my last post, but honestly it's been so busy with so much nothing that I haven't felt compelled to write.  But I've got a few minutes in the quiet of the morning so I thought I'd put a brief update out there.

Lia is doing awesome.  She's gotten a little bit fussier, compared to her first few days home from the hospital, but nothing too bad, and still way below average.  She is breastfeeding like a champ, which is phenomenal.  I heard so many horror stories about bf'ing (hmm, just like pregnancy and birth) but we haven't really had major problems (hmm, just like pregnancy and birth).  Although, Lia's a champ, so the bf'ing success is probably more to her credit than my own.  I'm sleeping a bit better because I'm finally internalizing that every little coo and cry doesn't mean she's upset or hungry, and I can just ignore 90% of the noises she makes.  She's been great as far as nighttime sleeping.  It takes awhile to get her settled in the evenings, but she sleeps from about 10:00 to 2:00, then it's up for a feeding and a diaper change and she goes back down again from about 3:00 to 6:00.  A far cry from my previous life sleep schedule, but all told, not that bad.  We've been out to the park twice this week, and today we're going to the mall since the weather's supposed to be crummy.  I'm really excited to get out of the house.  I always go a little stir-crazy when I've been stuck inside too long.  I'm anxious to see how an actual outing goes.  And retail therapy never hurts.  :)

2 comments: