Friday, November 12, 2010

8 lbs, 1.5 oz!

Lia was 8 lbs, 1.5 ounces at the doctor's office on Wednesday!  She's gained about an ounce a day since we left the hospital.  That's seriously crazy.  Again, I'm amazed that this little creature is subsisting entirely on milk that is coming out of my boobs.  And I'm kind of proud of myself too.  :P

"Undress my baby for the doctor, you say?  But she's so cute in her outfit!  I'll just take some pictures of her instead."

"Oh she's pretty cute this way too."

I'm hoping to get in to a routine soon.  I have family in this weekend, then Monday we're officially on our own, Lia and I.  On one hand, I'm excited to try taking care of Baby all by myself, and on the other hand, it doesn't really excite me.  It's been really nice to have my mom here these past two weeks.  Like, last night, I handed her a bottle and the baby at 3:15 pm, and slept until 9:00.  I won't be able to do that once she leaves.  I have a great mother-in-law in town who is more than willing to help out and watch Lia, so I'm not entirely on my own, but it's just different from having someone who's actually living in the same house.

Anyways, we're off to the hospital to get Lia's heel stuck again.  I guess they screwed up some of the newborn screening tests so we have to get them repeated.  The doctor assured me it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with any of them, but I'm still a little worried.  But honestly, I'm more upset that they have to hurt my little baby again because someone out there messed up. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you need me to move in? Because I will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute!!! That's awesome that the breast feeding is going so well! You go mom!

    ReplyDelete